Mainichi Cafe Pantai Indah Kapuk

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I went here with Thursmates, after tasted some foods in Coffee Kulture (review is in here!). I was super curious about Mainichi, the one of the popular places in Pantai Indah Kapuk and I hadn't came to there at that time. So, I recommended my friends to go there.



That iconic typeface.


Mainichi
As the person who goes anywhere with GPS, I turned on my GPS to direct us to Mainichi but there's no exact GPS point from Foursquare, and the Google Navigation directed us to Mainichi Shinbum News Agency in Jakarta LOL, so we tried to find it by ourselves. It's located in a row of shop house beside exit freeway near Tzu Chi Foundation, and you will find it in the corner of the row.



Inside Mainichi.


When we arrived there, there was nobody inside excepts waiters and the manager. The first impression when I stepped inside was : wow, such a cute greeney place and feel so homey! I love how they choose the color palletes for Mainichi (yeah you know, I love green!).



So, welcome to Mainichi.


Green!


They even put a shelf and some things for display, too cute... and it feels like your own home.

Cups of tea and teapots on the wall.


The foods
In spite of having so many foods to offer, there was just a food that made us interested to order. We decided to order this.



Ergh, or "these",
Marshmallow Cakes. (Rp 10.000)


Top : Caramel and Rose,
Down : Matcha and Oshmantus.


It's similar like Tokyo Banana, super soft spongey cake with light cream fillings. There are so many variants for the marshmallow cakes, and we chose 4 tastes served at the day.

  • Caramel : the caramel tasted so light, not like the one you've tasted in other cakes.
  • Rose : yup it's like eating rose in cream version, you'll smell the light rose fragant from this cake, recommended to try.
  • Matcha : this one is good, but the taste for me was too light.
  • Osmanthus : what kind of this thing? I also knew about this kinda vocabulary "osmanthus" at the first time I ordered the marshmallow cake. Osmanthus is a kind of flower which grows in East Asia, usually used for fragants or as tea infusion. The smell is similar like peach, it's such a new sensation for your tongue when you eat this one. 




The soft texture.




You know, it just tasted.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Yummmm!


Me, Cella and Grace.


As we finished our marshmallow cakes at there, many students (especially primary students) came, still wore their uniforms, and had a snacking time with friends and even with their moms. What a beautiful day they had, snacking with mom after studying at school, I even can't recall my mind only to remember if I had a memory like they have, snacking time after school with still wearing uniform with my mom when I was still a primary student. ;(



The jam bottles hung on.


Conclusion
Even though this place is so small (if compared with the cafes and restaurants in Pantai Indah Kapuk), it was so comfortable for me and friends to have your time for chillaxing. Cute decoration and affordable price are the reasons to visit Mainichi again someday. And... I give the title for Mainichi as the cutest place in Pantai Indah Kapuk, LOL.



Yes it is, your neighbourhood cafe.




Mainichi Cafe
Ruko Garden House Blok A No. 30
Jl. Raya Pantai Indah Kapuk
Bukit Golf Mediterania
Pantai Indah Kapuk, North Jakarta

T : +62 21 2903 3388
Hours: Sun - Thu 13.00 - 22.00
Fri - Sat 13.00 - 24.00

Wi-fi : YES
Price Range: Rp 35.000 - Rp 80.000
Instagram




TWITTER @ARSubrata | INSTAGRAM : @ARSubrata

You Might Also Like

1 comment(s)

  1. Sisi lain dari Pamta Indah Kapuk yang sering saya tomton di acara TV Swasta yang dibintang oleh mba Veny Rose. Biasanya sih iklannya menyangkt PROPERTI alias perumahan elit milik SEDAYU GROUP atau AGUNG PODOMORO ya. Kalau nda salah.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram