dia.lo.gue Artspace Kemang

Thursday, October 16, 2014


A tricky stylized typace, makes an ambigu word for English and Bahasa.


I know this post must be a superduperlate post, as I went there on holiday about one or even two months ago. So.... on holiday, I saw in Instagram many people uploaded their photos sitting on the metal staircase without banister, and my some of my friends were also curious about that staircase, and.... we went there together.


dia.lo.gue
I love how this place named. From the word "dialogue" and it's separated with dots becomes "dia" (he/she), "lo" (you), and "gue" (me), represents the people who are hanging out and having dialogues there,



Love this one.


To be honest, we were confused to find the door to go inside, and later found it's located in the corner of the gallery, not in front of the gallery. The first thing you will see is some merchandise store, and later you'll see a coridor of exhibition gallery. The cafe was located inside, after passing the exhibition coridor. Hmm, anyway I was prohibited by a waitress there to took a photo in merchandise section, maybe the main problem was my entry level DSLR camera which I used. So I suggest you not to capture photos on that section, unless you use a ordinary pocket camera or even your mirrorless camera maybe, LOL.

Just skip that part, I'm a good visitor, and I'll follow the rule if the frontliner tells me the no-DSLR-rule politely. :)
*and from then I started thinking to save up some money to buy a mirrorless DSLR*



One of the artworks exhibited on the gallery.

The cafe section.

Second storey.

A picture in the corner.

One of the picture I like the most.

Girls are just having fun. :)

Cashier table.


The foods
I think it's so rare to find the artspace cafe, especially in Jakarta, my first time going to artspace cafe was in Lawang Wangi Artspace Bandung (click here to know more). We were enjoying to have some foods to order, sitting there, and enjoying our day in an artspace cafe in Jakarta. We ordered Tortilla Chips which came with Salsa Dips, it came in bigger pieces and it wasn't oily. Later we ordered Smoked Beef Pizza, it came in 8 mini size slices, honestly, not as big as we expected LOL.


Tortilla Chips and Salsa Dips. (Rp 25.000)

Smoked Beef Pizza. (Rp 35.000)



Let's take some pictures...
Let me take you to the garden behind the main building.


View from the garden.

An installation art in the garden.

Wefie with using "tongsis"!



But, hmmm.... something's missing,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Finally, I have a photo sitting on the most mainstream staircase in social media HAHAHAH!


Conclusion
The foods are standart but thank goodness they aren't overpriced (like some cafes do), and the place comes in nice ambience. But... to be honest, I was prohibited by a rude waitress to take a picture with my DSLR. Yeah, I know for some people who don't understand, they just know using DSLR means you're taking some pictures for professional thing (but I don't, it's just for having fun and I put the photos on my blog). She used a body language, implied me to stop taking pictures only with eye contact and with her index finger from afar, I just smiled and said sorry to her I didn't know about a no-DSLR rule.

I twice prohibited to take pictures in other cafes, but two waiters asked me not to use my DSLR nicely, they came to me and asked me politely with smile. I respected them as they asked me nicely, they just do what they must do and I stopped using my DSLR. But.......... now when I'm writing this post, I'm curious what the waitress' reaction if I still captured pictures in front of her, or even capture some pictures of her face HAHAHAH okay must stop this kinda random and stupid imagination. Oh come on, this place is so nice but it has some rude waiters there, people do feel same thing like me. It would be better if they are nicer. ;(

Finally at that time, I wasn't curious anymore about dia.lo.gue, thanks to my hanging-out friends (which named by Cella, "Thursmate" which means Thursday Soulmate, as we hung out in holiday every Thursday).



Thurday soulmates.



Photo credit : Cella



dia.lo.gue Artspace and Cafe
Jl. Kemang Selatan Raya No. 99 A
Kemang, South Jakarta

T : +62 21 7199 671 / 2
Hours : Mon-Fri 09.30 - 18.00 /
Sat - Sun 09.00 - 18.00

Wi-fi : YES
Credit Card : YES
Price Range : Rp 20.000 - Rp 65.000




TWITTER @ARSubrata | INSTAGRAM : @ARSubrata

You Might Also Like

2 comment(s)

  1. Orang Jakarta emang ga ada matinya. Tempat kayak gimana pun bisa dijadiin kafe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. orang bandung juga ga ada matinya kok woohooo. :D

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram